Malaysia’s Trinidad Cigar Company brings the Cigar Smoking World Championship (CSWC) Kuala Lumpur qualification event to Chime, Sheraton Petaling Jaya, from 7pm on Saturday 15 August. Founded by Marko Bilic, CSWC features over 35 qualification rounds in cities around the world and culminates with a grand final in Split, Croatia in September.
The 2020 Stay Strong Season
Due to Covid-19, the 2020 competition moved online via Zoom, however the Malaysian qualifying event will be the first live qualifying event since March in this special 2020 Stay Strong season of CSWC. Due to travel restrictions, founder Marko Bilic is unable to attend, however Samuel Spurr, Cigar Journal’s Asia-Pacific Editor will host and judge the competition.
- Tickets to compete are RM295.00 each and are limited to 20 participants due to venue and social distancing considerations.
- Ticket sales will be sold on a first come, first served basis. Ticket sales are limited to 3 tickets per person.
- Please email email@example.com to request tickets and receive payment information.
- Email request must include: amount of tickets requested (up to 3) and each competitor's: name, phone number, email, and last 4 digits of their IC or other identification.
- Whatsapp, phone, or other ticket orders will not be considered.
- *Tickets are not refundable. Please read our ticket sale terms and conditions at the bottom of this blog post.
Entry ticket inclusions:
- 1 x CSWC Rocky Patel competition cigar
- 2x drink voucher redeemable for house beer/wine/whisky/tea/coffee at Chime
- The Balvenie Whisky Tasting
- Goodie Bag with: 1 x 6 stick cigar case, 2 x Cigar Journal magazine and other items.
Chime, Level 3A, Sheraton Petaling Jaya.
CSWC competitors are challenged to smoke the Rocky Patel Mareva, a mareva sized-cigar (42 parts of an inch ring gauge x 5 1/8 inches in length), for the longest period of time. The cigar must stay lit the entire time and once the flame goes out, so too does the competitor’s chances of victory.
- The Competition will commence at 8pm sharp on 15 August, 2020
- Registration desk will be open from 6.30-7.30pm on 15 August 2020. Ticket holders who do not register by 7.30 will forfeit their ticket. Please see terms and conditions below.
- All competitors must read and understand the official CSWC rules.
- Please click here for a summary and the official rules.
Malt whisky enthusiasts can discover The Balvenie range through tasting sessions from whisky partner William Grant & Sons who will be conducting a tasting of The Balvenie 12YO DoubleWood, The Balvenie 14YO Caribbean Cask, and The Balvenie 17 DoubleWood for entrants and spectators throughout the event.
- Cuervo y Sobrinos pen and desktop humidor (valued at USD1500.00 cuervoysobrinos.com)
- Entry ticket to Cigar Smoking World Championship Final, Split Croatia 2021
- 2 nights’ accommodation at host hotel, CSWC Final, Split Croatia 2021.
- The Balvenie 17YO DoubleWood (valued at RM1,128.00)
- Les Fine Lames, cigar knife (valued at USD500) lesfinelames.com
- The Balvenie 14YO Caribbean Cask (valued at RM621.00)
- Gift from Trinidad Cigar Company, to be confirmed.
- The Balvenie 12YO DoubleWood (valued at RM440.00)
- The current CSWC 2020 Stay Strong Season leader is Mr Alexander Shagai (Russia) with a time of 3 hours, 47 minutes, and 38 seconds.
- The CSWC Champion is Mr Oleg Pedan (Russia) who smoked his cigar at the 2019 Grand Final for 3 hours, 28 minutes and 8 seconds.
- The current CSWC World Record Holder is Mr Igor Kovacic (Sweden) who has an unbeaten time of 3 hours, 52 minutes and 55 seconds.
- The current CSWC Kuala Lumpur Champion and Record Holder is Mr Yadie Dayana (Indonesia) with a time of 1 hour, 40 minutes and 43 seconds.
Who will be the 2020 Kuala Lumpur Champion?
- 2019 Winner Mr Yadie Dayana -
*Ticket Sales Terms and Conditions:
Tickets will be offered on a first come, first served basis.
Tickets ordered by email will be responded to in order. Email will supply bank details for funds transfer and other instructions. Payment must be made within 24 hours or tickets will be offered to the next person in the queue.
Only when payment is received, competitors details provided, and receipt issued by email, are tickets confirmed.
Purchase limit of 3 tickets per person. The name, phone number, and last 4 digits of each competitor’s IC must be provided by the ticket purchaser. Competitor’s IC details must match at the registration desk on competition night.
Tickets are not refundable. An administration fee of RM100 will apply per name transfer.
Competitor name must match IC or other identification supplied at time of ticket purchase.
Competition starts at 8pm sharp.
Registration desk open from 6.30pm – 7.30pm on 15 August 2020. Those not registered by 7.30pm on 15 August 2020 forfeit their ticket and the organisers reserve the right to release the ticket for re-sale.